Note: this document discuss Mach-O port of LLD. For ELF and COFF, see LLD - The LLVM Linker.
ATOM-based lld is a new set of modular code for creating linker tools. Currently it supports Mach-O.
- End-User Features:
- Compatible with existing linker options
- Reads standard Object Files
- Writes standard Executable Files
- Remove clang’s reliance on “the system linker”
- Uses the LLVM “UIUC” BSD-Style license.
- Modular design
- Support cross linking
- Easy to add new CPU support
- Can be built as static tool or library
- Design and Implementation:
- Extensive unit tests
- Internal linker model can be dumped/read to textual format
- Additional linking features can be plugged in as “passes”
- OS specific and CPU specific code factored out
- Linker Design
- Getting Started: Building and Running lld
- Open Projects
- Sphinx Introduction for LLVM Developers